Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 3: Sorrento

Buona Sera! It is now the end of Day 3 of my trip. Unfortunately American Airlines lost my luggage, along with all of those who transferred to JFK from BWI with me (and went on to Rome). It's been awfully miserable without the majority of my things. Luckily I had one spare outfit in my carry-on and had a lot of toiletries in my backpack! The luggage was supposed to arrive at our hotel today via a courrier but they brought the wrong peoples' luggage. They brought some from people who are from Pasadena, Maryland! They were on the same two flights as me. Hopefully we get the suitcases tomorrow. There is an 80% chance we get them tomorrow, according to the hotel front desk. PRAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

On to the fun stuff.... Italy is GORGEOUS!!! There are really no words or no pictures to do it the justice it deserves. The only way to understand is to experience it first hand. I've already taken almost 300 pictures in just three days. Thanks to Dad I have 8g of camera memory. I have plenty of stories to tell everyone when I return. As part of the class I am taking here we are keeping a personal sketchbook and many of us are also using it as a journal. I've been taking advantage of bus and train rides and any spare time by writing in the sketchbook in attempts to remember everything possible. Someone on the trip has been nice enough to loan out his laptop to those of us who did not bring one. We're stealing some wireless. Once we get to Florence there should be internet cafes and I will write more then. The hotel I'm at now in Sorrento is on the top of a moutain and the town is a bus ride away so I haven't had much access to technology other than a few minutes on the borrowed laptop here and there.

CIAO FOR NOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea! your there safe, but boooo you dont have you luggage! i sorry! :( you can do it though, just ask some cute italian boys to buy you what you need hahaha

miss you! glad your having an awesome time! have a great time in Florence, i really loved my time spent there. :) remember leather and cathedrals and churches haha

Carrie